WorkSafe New Zealand recently announced that entries for the 2018 New Zealand Workplace Health and Safety Awards are now open.
“Health and safety is full of unsung heroes who work hard behind the scenes to make sure everyone goes some safe and well,” WorkSafe said in its announcement.
“It’s time to shine a light on those individuals, teams and initiatives that keep our workplaces healthy and safe.”
There will be 4 categories for individuals and 9 categories for organisations categories covering all aspects of health, safety and wellbeing. The awards aim to highlight good work and show that commitment to health and safety is a core value of businesses in the country.
Winners will be honoured during a gala dinner and awards ceremony at the SKYCITY Convention Centre on 30 May, at the conclusion of the first day of the Safeguard National Health & Safety Conference.
- Category 1 – Work-related safety
- Kensington Swan best initiative to address a work-related safety risk
- Category 2 – Work-related health
- WorkSafe New Zealand best initiative to address a work-related health risk
- Category 3 – Wellbeing
- Vitae best initiative to promote better worker health.
- Category 4 – Engagement
- NZ Safety Blackwoods best initiative to encourage worker involvement in health & safety
- Category 5 – Innovation
- 3M best use of innovative New Zealand design or technology to eliminate or manage a risk
- Category 6 – Small business
- Site Safe best health or safety initiative by a business of no more than 50 staff
- Category 7 – Collaboration
- Impac best collaboration between PCBUs
- Category 8 – Governance
- Simpson Grierson best board level engagement in health & safety
- Category 9 – Leadership
- ACC best leadership of an industry sector or region
- Category 10 – Practitioner
- NZISM health & safety practitioner of the year
- Category 11 – Representative
- Edenfx health and safety rep of the year
- Category 12 – Leader
- Business Leaders’ Health & Safety Forum health & safety leader of the year
- Countdown lifetime achievement award
Fonterra Judges’ Commendations
Entries close on 4 April 2018.
The post Entries for New Zealand Workplace Health and Safety Awards 2018 now open appeared first on OHS News.