The 2019 WorkSafe Victoria Awards are now open and all Victorian-based employers and workers are eligible to enter.
The awards recognise the achievements of those who strive for innovative ways to improve the health, safety and wellbeing of Victorian workers.
WorkSafe Chief Executive Clare Amies said the awards played a vital role in promoting the importance of workplace health and safety.
“Workplace health and safety has improved dramatically since the awards began in 1988 but workers continue to be killed and injured at work,” Ms. Amies said.
“These awards honour the achievements of employers and workers who are determined to make health and safety a priority and who are doing everything they can to help injured workers return to work.”
“They deserve recognition for their efforts and I encourage them to enter so they can share their ideas with others.”
According to WorkSafe Victoria, the winner of each category will also receive a $ 2000 cash prize.
The nine categories for this year’s awards are:
- Health and Safety Representative of the Year
- Health and Safety Invention of the Year
- Best Solution to a Specific Workplace Health and Safety Issue
- Best Solution to a Manual Handling Issue
- OHS Leadership/Achievement Award
- Commitment to Workplace Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- Leading Return to Work Practice by an Employer
- Return to Work Coordinator Excellence
- Worker Return to Work Achievement Award
Entries close on 31 May and winners will be announced on 31 October during Health and Safety Month.