Finalists for this year’s Safety and Health Resources Sector Awards have been announced.
Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (DMIRS) Executive Director Resources Safety, Simon Ridge said the finalists have demonstrated unique solutions to problems experienced in the industry.
“These projects have been carefully assessed against five criteria including the problem and solution, benefits, innovation and the potential for the solution to be transferred and shared with the broader industry,” he said.
“We are really encouraged by the high standards we are seeing from the resources sector, they are challenging the status quo and pushing the boundaries to ensure our nationally significant industry is up there with the best in the world.
“I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate the thirteen finalists and thank them for sharing their expertise and innovative thinking with the industry.”
The awards will be presented on Thursday, 26 October 2017, along with the Community Partnership Resources Sector Award and the Golden Gecko Award for Environmental Excellence.
- Enhancing Electrical Safety Through Drawingbox – Aurecon
- Drill of the Future – FORACO
- Elimination of excess temperature and high-risk levels of Legionella bacteria in eyewash safety showers – Heat Trap solar Pty Ltd
- Improving the Safety and Reliability of Distribution Power Lines – Rio Tinto
- Rail Mounted Working at Heights Platforms – Rio Tinto
- Safescape Edge Protector – Safescape
- The Safety Barometer – Fortescue Metals Group
- Scenario-based learning – Fortescue Metals Group
Systems and People
- Innovative technology to manage onsite inductions – Aglime of Australia
- Onsite – Suicide Ideation Management – Fortescue Metals Group
- Iluka Resources Winston Partnership – Iluka Resources (South West Operations)
- Unmanned Aerial System for Abandoned Pit Lake Sampling at Tallering Peak – Mount Gibson Mining
- Critical Risk Management – Fatality Elimination Program – Rio Tinto
The post Finalists for the 2017 Safety and Health Resources Sector Awards announced appeared first on OHS News.