A man was injured in an incident involving a forklift in north Queensland Thursday morning.
The man in his 30s suffered foot injuries after being struck by the forklift.
The incident happened at a business located about 8km south of Mackay shortly before 10am.
He was transported to Mackay Base Hospital in a stable condition
According to WHSQ, to safely and legally operate a forklift in a Queensland workplace you must:
- be licensed and competent to operate that particular forklift
- follow safe operating procedures including following the traffic management rules at your workplace.
Employers and trained forklift truck operators should be aware of what not to do with and around forklifts. The risk of forklift-related injuries can be reduced by having:
- a safe work environment
- effective worker training
- well-maintained machinery
- a traffic management plan
- policies and procedures
- effective supervision
The post Man in hospital after forklift incident in north Queensland appeared first on OHS News.