If you’re in the stone benchtop fabrication, stone masonry, and foundry industries or work with concrete, bricks or tiles, SafeWork NSW is inviting you to a free Manufacturing Safety Group workshop on 12 February from 09:15 am – 12:30 pm, at City Diggers Wollongong.
The workshop will develop your skills so that you can control exposure to crystalline silica dust through:
- understanding the main reasons people are being exposed to silica dust
- understanding how businesses can prevent and protect workers against exposure
- learning how other businesses effectively control exposure
- participating in an open discussion about the safety risks that most concern you
- understanding the importance of health monitoring and government support available
- sharing safety solutions, tools, and resources
According to SafeWork NSW, small businesses who attend may be eligible for the $ 500 Small Business Rebate, which can go towards the purchase and installation of safety equipment including respirators, ventilation systems, dust capture tools, and hazardous dust vacuum cleaners.
Registration details are available on SafeWork NSW website.
The post Manufacturing Safety Group – Crystalline Silica Dust Safety Workshop appeared first on OHS News.