Electrical workers and businesses are warned of the risks of working with high voltage plant.
“If you are using high voltage plant you must be aware of the risks of electric shock,” Workplace Health and Safety Queensland said in a safety bulletin.
Electrical workers, owners, and operators who are using the Long and Crawford or any oil-insulated switch are advised not to open the lid of the units unless completely isolated from the electricity supply.
Electrical workers are also reminded of the dangers of performing work on any electrical equipment while it is energised. Oil filled switches found in service should only be worked on under safe access to high voltage procedures.
More information about this can be found on the Workplace Health and Safety Queensland’s website.
The post Risks of electric shock when using high voltage plant appeared first on OHS News.