Entries for the 2018 annual SafeWork NSW awards are now open. Minister for Better Regulation Matt Kean said the awards cover six categories and are open to any NSW business, individual or not-for-profit organisation.
The awards recognise individuals and organisations which have shown exceptional commitment to health, safety and return-to-work practices in NSW.
“These awards give us an opportunity to recognise workplaces that are putting their employees first, and setting a great example for other organisations,” Mr. Kean said.
“SafeWork does an outstanding job helping to protect workers across the state – but at the end of the day, workplace health and safety is everyone’s responsibility.
“This is a wonderful opportunity for anyone who has improved safety in their workplace through innovation, forward thinking and positive change to be recognised.
“Winning a SafeWork Award can have a direct and dramatic impact on your business, clearly differentiating you from competitors, and providing a real competitive advantage when seeking or retaining customers.”
Award categories include:
- Excellence in workplace health and safety culture (small or large business);
- Best solution to an identified workplace health and safety issue (small or large business);
- Best individual contribution to workplace safety;
- Excellence in recovery at work for business;
- Recovery at work achievement award for injured workers; and,
- SafeWork NSW leadership in safety.
Visit www.safeworkawards.com.au for information on the entry process, award categories and prizes. All entries must be received by Friday, 22 June 2018. Winners will be announced on 25 October.